The Trump- Cohen bribery scandal seems to get worse by the day. Stormy Daniel’s attorney Michael Avenatti just revealed that Michael Cohen and Micheal Flynn met with a Qatari businessman at Trump Tower during the transition period, in which the businessman went on to brag about how he bribed the Trump administration. Then earlier this week, Avenatti said the full details of this meeting would be even more scandalous than we could predict. He wasn’t wrong.
Cohen allegedly asked this Qarari investor for millions of dollars, which was to be passed along to the “Trumps”. A major British newspaper the Daily Mail is reporting the details of what happened and Avenatti tweeted a link to the story, seemingly confirming the article.
The story points out the following:
- Donald Trump’s personal attorney is facing new claims that he asked for millions in cash after the president’s election victory, DailyMail.com can disclose
- Source tells how Qatari investment executive who met Cohen at Trump Tower in December confided that attorney asked for cash for ‘Trump family members’
- Ahmed Al-Rumaihi, a former diplomat in charge of a $100bn Qatari investment fund, turned down the request, he told the source
- The source said Al-Rumaihi called him after DailyMail.com revealed last week that the Qatari investor was accused of boasting about bribing Mike Flynn
- Al-Rumaihi arrived with Qatar’s foreign minister Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani and both went up in an elevator with Cohen
- Al-Rumaihi issued a statement Tuesday confirming he was in Trump Tower in December to meet ‘transition officials’ but denied meeting Flynn
- His company declined to comment on the allegation about ‘millions of dollars’
- Cohen’s sales pitch to blue chip companies was: ‘I have the best relationship with the president on the outside, and you need to hire me.’
- Cohen’s own attorney been contacted for comment but did not provide any response
The story helps confirm Cohen wasn’t seeking “consulting” bribes for himself or his own agenda. He was working directly on behalf of Trump and his family. This means that Cohen was literally the funnel of activity between bribes and the Trump family so that it wouldn’t leave Trump’s fingerprints on everything.
If Cohen was soliciting bribes for himself and not for Trump, he would have never held that meeting at Trump Tower.
It’s also important to point out that Michael Flynn has already cut a deal, so Mueller knows exactly what happened in that meeting.