If you tried to count how many times Donald J. Trump slammed Hillary Clinton for the night of the Benghazi attacked, it would take you weeks of research. Trump made it a point to hammer Hillary every single chance he had over the past several months, suggesting she was in bed, wouldn’t answer the phone, and various other false accusations.
However, Trump just proved himself to be a giant hypocrite. Why? Because a major raid in Yemen just went down where U.S. Navy SEAL William “Ryan” Owens was killed, three others were wounded, and an unknown number of civilians were killed. Where was Trump? Not in the Situation Room.
Press Secretary Sean Spicer confirms Trump was not in the Situation Room for the raid:
— Tommy Christopher (@tommyxtopher) February 2, 2017
Spicer said, “The president was here in the residence. He was kept in touch with his national security staff. Secretary Mattis and others kept him updated on both the raid and the death of Chief Owens as well as the four other individuals that were injured. So he was kept apprised of the situation.”
It was only 5 PM, yet apparently Trump was just too fatigued to be bothered with having a conversation with the leader of an allied nation. The Yemen raid just didn’t happen within business hours.
Oh, and those who suggest the Yemen raid was already authorized by President Obama, which is completely false and confirmed as such by Biden’s national security aide, Donald Trump was 100% responsible for the raid, and consequently the death of U.S. Navy SEAL William “Ryan” Owens.
Reuters reports, “U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.”
“As a result, three officials said, the attacking SEAL team found itself dropping onto a reinforced al Qaeda base defended by landmines, snipers, and a larger than expected contingent of heavily armed Islamist extremists.”
Daily Kos reports:
The US military has launched an investigation into the scale of civilian casualties in a botched special forces raid against a suspected al-Qaida base in Yemen, the first such mission to be approved by Donald Trump, as questions mount over the operation.
After initially denying there had been any civilian casualties in Sunday’s raid, US Central Command (Centcom), which is responsible for military operations in the Middle East and central Asia, acknowledged some of the dead may have included women and children, though claimed some of the women were armed.
Military insiders haven’t been quiet about the botched raid and are pointing the finger directly at Trump, who they claim gave the mission the thumbs up after a dinner discussion with Steve Bannon and Jared Kushner.
What did these experts on the world accomplish over a nice dessert?
US military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.