Jon Favreau (not the filmmaker), Jon Lovett, and Tommy Vietor are the host of a podcast called Pod Save America, and their shirts saying “Repeal and Go F*** Yourselves” in response to the GOP’s repeal and replace of Obamacare are becoming a huge seller.
One of their enthusiastic t-shirt wearers, who goes by the Twitter handle of @minnysconsin managed to get this amazing photo:
Minnysconsin managed to get the photo taken as Paul Ryan was flipping pancakes for the Kiwanis Pancake Festival.
The Podcast hosts were thrilled, and retweeted the hilarious pic to their followers, and no doubt sold a ton more shirts. Speaker Ryan, perhaps you should start looking a little closer at people before you let them snap those photos.
Bill Clinton era Commerce Secretary Robert Reich explains just how disastrous this new Trumpcare bill would be:
Republicans have quietly revived their efforts to repeal the Affordable Care Act, and they might have enough votes to pull it off this time. The latest bill being floated in the Senate is just as disastrous and cruel as before. The proposal introduced by Senators Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Bill Cassidy of Louisiana would:
1) Cause at least 32 million Americans to lose health coverage. That’s according to the Congressional Budget Office’s analysis of a similar proposal. This time around Senate Republicans want to rush a vote before the CBO can complete its review.
2) Eliminate protections for Americans with pre-existing conditions. The bill would allow states to scale back essential health benefits and carve out exceptions for insurers to discriminate against sick patients.
3) Increase premiums next year by an estimated 20 percent. By nixing the Affordable Care Act’s requirement that everyone sign up for coverage, fewer healthy people will enroll and costs will increase.
4) Gut funding for Medicaid by $300 billion, including draconian cuts to programs that provide care for seniors, children, and people with disabilities.
5) End funding for Planned Parenthood.
Republicans are doing whatever it takes to pass this last-ditch proposal in the next two weeks. The health and well-being of our fellow Americans is at stake. Call your Senators and tell them you oppose the Graham-Cassidy proposal: (202) 224-3121
Read more about the bill from this Washington Post article.