Connect with us

Hot Topic

White House Scandal Escalates, John Kelly Offers to Resign


After the media ousted White House aide Rob Porter for his history of beating his ex-wives, he promptly resigned. Porter even had a restraining order from one of them. Truth of the matter is, Porter ultimately should have never been hired to begin with.

There’s supposed to be a screening process before joining the White House staff including multiple thorough background checks and other procedures to weed out these types of people from such high profile jobs.

Politico reports, A senior administration official said White House chief of staff John Kelly had been aware of the 2010 protective order, which prevented Porter from getting a full security clearance. The official said Kelly considered trying to push Porter out of his role but never did.

He actually hired a guy with a history of beating women to work along side other women every day in a high stress position, which is troubling to say the least.

In a statement, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said: “Consistent with the practice of past administrations, issues related to an individual’s suitability are reviewed through a thorough and lengthy background check process,” she said. “Rob Porter has been effective in his role as Staff Secretary. The president and chief of staff have full confidence in his abilities and his performance.”

John Kelly even said in a statement that he was “a man of true integrity and honor.” He then released a statement in support of victims of domestic violence, but things got worse as the day progressed.

New York Times reports,

John F. Kelly, the White House chief of staff, told officials in the West Wing on Friday that he was willing to step down over his handling of allegations of spousal abuse against Rob Porter, the staff secretary who resigned in disgrace this week over the accusations, according to two officials aware of the discussions.

The officials emphasized that they did not consider a resignation imminent, and that Mr. Kelly — a retired four-star Marine general who early in his tenure often used a threat of quitting as a way to temper President Trump’s behavior — had made no formal offer. In comments to reporters at the White House on Friday, Mr. Kelly said he had not offered to resign.

The fact that Kelly offered a resignation in private shows just how significant of an even this is in the White house.


Continue Reading
To Top